LCROA - Luna County Ranchette Owners Association
LCROA is a 501(c)4 organization located in southwest New Mexico. It was established in 1972, and early members built a clubhouse completed in 1979. The club was formed to help people moving from populated areas around the US to their rural Luna County ranchette land. Today, any Luna County land owner can be a member.
The clubhouse sold in 2015 but we continue to operate a thrift store. As a nonprofit, our proceeds go to college scholarships, school supplies, animal guardian and humane society. The clubhouse was costing us $10,000 annually just for taxes, insurance and maintenance but proved difficult to rent. After its sale, we now have more money and look forward to expanding our support to the community.
We strive to:
- Provide non-financial assistance to owners of the Deming and Sunshine Valley Ranchettes in Luna County
- Cooperate with other non-profit organizations, businesses, various ethnic groups and other organizations in an effort to better understand and solve community problems
- Conserve natural resources
- Improve, restore and beautify Luna County and its surroundings
- Conduct fundraisers for the financial aid of persons, groups or other organizations deemed worthy by the general membership
- Dedicate ourselves to the health and welfare of our community and adjoining communities
About our background picture ....
We discovered these post cards (Tres Hermanas Day and Tres Hermanas Night) at the Deming Art Center of the Tres Hermanas. We are currently using the Tres Hermanas Day as our website background picture. These are the work of Illusions Maya whose artwork is available at Fine Art America or Pixels.